Cooking Time:8–10 hours
Ingredients2 lb. chicken, breasts, boneless, skinless
1 onion, sliced
2 apples, cored and sliced
2/3 c. chicken broth
1 T. raw honey
2 T. freshly grated ginger (or 1 tsp. dry)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 bay leaf
Getting tired of making the same chicken recipes over and over? Well try this recipe for Slow Cooker Paleo Honey Apple Chicken at your next meal, surprise yourself and your family with these sweet and savory flavors.
- Add broth to bottom of crock.
- Next place onions over broth and then place chicken breasts on top of onions.
- Top chicken with apples and then sprinkle all of the spices over apples. Pour in honey and top chicken with bay leaf.
- Cover and crock on LOW 8–10 hours.
- Shred chicken if desired prior to serving and serve with roasted sweet potatoes.
NOTE: This dish can be served over rice if non-Paleo.