Cooking Time:6 hours
Ingredients2 lbs. chicken breasts or thighs
10 oz. frozen corn
1 yellow onion, diced
3 limes, juiced and zested
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 c. salsa
1 c. chopped cilantro
6 tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed, diced
1 green pepper, seeded and diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. cumin
salt & pepper to taste
This recipe for Slow Cooker Tomatillo Lime Chicken could soon become a favorite in your weekly dinner rotation. The veggies can easily be prepared the evening before and easily assembled in the crock the following day. Enjoy this dish as a stuffing for tacos or enchiladas too!
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, except for chicken and stir to combine.
- Divide this mixture in half, adding half to the crock; setting other half of sauce aside.
- Place chicken in crock on top of mixture and then add remaining mixture to the top of chicken.
- Cover. Crock on Low for 6 hours.
- Chicken can be shredded, if preferred.
Serve chicken over rice or over a taco salad.