Cooking Time:3-4 hours on High
Ingredients4 chicken, thighs, bone-in, skin removed 1 onion, medium, finely chopped 14 oz. tomatoes, diced 14 oz. chicken, broth 15 oz. black bean 1 c. corn, frozen 4 oz. green chiles, chopped, mild (I use mild, but you may like it hot, so you can use medium or hot) 2 tsp. cumin 1 T. chili powder 1 tsp. salt
Love this soup! Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Soup is perfect for those that love some heat in their soup. TASTY!
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients EXCEPT toppings.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3–4 hours or until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from soup with a slotted spoon to leave the juices in the slow cooker.
- Let cool slightly, debone and chop the chicken.
- Return to the slow cooker, and stir well.
NOTE: Optionals toppings: Sliced avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro, and/or fried tortilla strips.