Cooking Time:6 hours on Low
Ingredients2 lb. Turkey, Ground, lean or Ground Beef Vidalia Onion, chopped 1 tsp. minced garlic 1 red pepper, chopped 1-1/2 c. corn, frozen 56 oz. diced tomatoes 1 T. smooth peanut butter 1-2 cans of 15 oz. black beans, rinsed & drained 1 packet of Crock-Pot Original Chili Seasoning Mix Salt & Pepper to taste
I recently created this delicious chili because I wanted to check out the new Crock-Pot Seasoning Mixes. I used the Original Chili Seasoning Mix and this recipe was a big hit in my house! (Tons of flavor!) You can also sub ground beef or ground chicken according to your preference.
- Brown turkey, onion and garlic in a skillet over medium-high heat just until pink coloring is gone.
- Drain fat by spooning meat mixture onto a plate covered with paper towels and place a paper towel on top to soak up any grease.
- Place drained meat mixture into a large oval slow cooker.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Serve in individual bowls topped with shredded cheese.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Note: Nutrition facts are for 6 large servings of this chili.
What spices and measurements for the chili seasoning. I prefer not to buy the pre packaged. What would you recommend?
Jackie, I would just use the spices you like in this delicious chili, I am sure it will come out great! Perfect for this time of the year.
I didn’t care for this recipe. I will admit I don’t cook much with ground turkey and maybe that was the problem. It had a weird texture and didn’t seem to flavor it much. Probably would be better with lean ground beef in my opinion.
I love this recipe – I also used diced tomatoes that already had spices in it which gave it a little more flavor. Just made 5 crock pots for a baseball tailgate party! 🙂