Cooking Time:5–6 hours on HIGH
Ingredients1- package Hurst’s Ham Beans 15 BEAN SOUP®
1 c. diced onion
1 c. diced carrot
1 c. diced celery
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (raw)
8 c. chicken stock (or water)
1c. buffalo sauce (found in grocery aisle with BBQ and ketchup)
blue cheese crumbles (for topping)
Thank you to Hurst Beans for this awesome GIVEAWAY just for GetCrocked.com readers! Go to my Facebook page and post a picture of you Crocking a recipe like this Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken 15 Bean Soup and you could WIN a $100 Grocery Gift Card! (Hey, it’s the perfect Super Bowl recipe so why not make it for the big game and get your guests to smile for the camera!) Post your picture on my Facebook Page by 12:01, February 4th, 2014. GOOD LUCK!
I’m always looking for new ways to use old standbys so when I saw this recipe for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken 15 Bean Soup I had to share! If you like spicy buffalo wings dipped in creamy blue cheese, this is the soup for you. This will be a great main dish for a game day gathering and is complemented well by all our favorite slow cooker appetizers.
Note: Recipe courtesy of Hurst Beans — see the original and other yummy bean recipes here.
- Rinse and sort through the dry beans. Check for any unwanted debris and discard.
- In a 4–6 quart slow cooker: Add rinsed beans, carrot, onion, celery, chicken breast, Hurst’s ham flavor packet, and 8 cups of chicken stock.
- Cover & Crock on HIGH for 5–6 hours (low for 8–9)
- Remove and shred the chicken and add back to the pot.
- Pour in the buffalo sauce, stir to combine.
- Keep warm until ready to serve!