Cooking Time:4-6 hours on Low
Ingredients2 bell peppers, large (any color variety)
1/4 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dash of ground red cayenne pepper
1/3 cup uncooked couscous
1/2 cup water
Pine nuts, if desired
Fresh cilantro, if desired
Slow Cooker Beef and Couscous Stuffed Peppers and so Easy. Great to serve with just a side salad and your meal is complete.
- In a 5 – 6 quart slow cooker, place a slow cooker liners inside. (Liner must fit snug against the bottom and sides of the crock.)
- Cut close to the stem end of each bell pepper and remove top of pepper. Rinse peppers, and remove seeds and membranes.
- Brown beef, onion and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes, stir occasionally; drain. Combine tomato sauce, salt, cumin, cinnamon and red pepper and stir into browned beef.
- Add couscous and mix all together.
- Fill peppers evenly with beef and couscous mixture.
- Pour water into lined slow cooker; stand peppers upright in crock.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours or until peppers are tender.
NOTE: Picture shown shows the pepper cut in half for serving, not for crocking.
GARNISH: You can garnish with pine nuts, cilantro, and cheese if desired.
OPTIONAL: Easy recipe to double for more than two people!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!