Cooking Time:6–10 hours on Low
Ingredients7 lb. chuck roast, boneless
1 c. water
3 T. white vinegar
4 T. brown sugar
2 tsp. dry mustard
4 T. Worcestershire sauce
3 c. ketchup
2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
6 garlic cloves, mince
This recipe for Slow Cooker Loose Meat Beef BBQ will make your family or guests come back for more. So GOOD! Love making this ahead to take on our vacations to the beach!
- Place roast in a slow cooker along with the water.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2 to 4 hours, or until beef can be easily shredded.
- Shred the beef with two forks, discarding fat.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the broth from the slow cooker.
- Combine the vinegar, brown sugar, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Next stir in the salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic. Mix well and stir into shredded beef so that the meat is coated well.
- Cover again. Cook beef with BBQ sauce on Low for an additional 4 to 6 hours.
- If additional broth is needed for more liquid add the reserved broth as needed and let cook for an additional 15–20 minutes to warm the broth through.
OPTION: YUMMY with a pork roast too!
Serve on toasted buns.
Optional: This is a great recipe to easily freeze, and to make ahead for another meal.
Nutrition facts include buns!