Cooking Time:8 - 10 hours on Low or 4 - 5 hours on High
Ingredients3 lb. Klondike potatoes, cubed
1 Yellow Onion, diced
2 Green Chills, peeled, deseeded and chopped
1 tsp. MInced Garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
32 oz. Chicken Broth
1/2 c. Sour Cream
4 oz. Frozen Broccoli
12 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
4 Green Onions, sliced
12 Pieces Cooked Bacon, Crumbled
So many great potato soups, and Slow Cooker Smashed Potato Soup is definitely one more to add to your great soups repertoire! YUM!
- Place diced potatoes, yellow onion, chiles, garlic, salt & pepper and chicken broth in a 6-Quart slow cooker. (Note: I like Klondike potatoes because you don’t have to peel them. If you use a different type, then peel prior to cooking.)
- Cover & Cook on Low for 6–8 hours.
- Carefully use a hand blender and slightly whip soup to break up potatoes into smaller pieces. (can do in batches if easier)
- Add sour cream, cheese and broccoli.
- Cover & Cook for an additional 30 minutes on Low.
- Top with bacon, green onions and cheese when serving.
NOTE: Easy to make this a vegetarian recipe by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and not adding the bacon!