Cooking Time:8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High
Ingredients4 chicken breasts, cut into large pieces
1/4 c. almonds, slivered, (Optional): plus more for garnish)
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. honey
1 T. canola oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. ginger, fresh, minced
1/4 c. onion, sliced
1/2 c. snap peas
1 T. water
1 T. cornstarch
Serve over cooked brown or white rice
My hubby is a fan of Almonds and so this recipe makes him happy. Slow Cooker Honey Almond Chicken is so easy to prepare.
- In a 4–5 quart slow cooker, place chicken and 1/4 cup slivered almonds.
- Whisk soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and oil in a separate bowl to combine.
- Pour over chicken and stir to coat the chicken.
- Top with sliced onion.
- Cover. Cook for 8 hours on Low or on 4 hours on High.
- Approximately fifteen minutes before finished, remove the chicken to a plate.
- Whisk cornstarch and water until smooth and stir into the slow cooker.
- Put the chicken along with 1/2 cup snap peas back in the slow cooker and finish crocking for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
Serve over rice of your choice.
Optional: Garnish with almonds.