Cooking Time:4-5 Hours on Low
Ingredients2 lb. Pork Tenderloin(s)
3 Medium Apples, peeled & sliced
1 Sweet Onion, sliced
1 T. Spicy Mustard
1 T. Minced Garlic
1 T. Canola, Peanut or Coconut Oil (best for high heat)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tsp. Dried Sage or more to your liking
1 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 cup. White Wine
I am a big fan or Pork Tenderloin and I’m always dreaming up new ways to Crock it. Apple Sage Pork Tenderloin is my new favorite tenderloin preparation!
On a recent restaurant outing I had a dish with sausage, apple and sage and it was amazing. I was reminded how much I love sage and apples together so I thought I’d combine it with pork tenderloin. (I enjoy pork tenderloin since it’s lean and tasty yet subtle enough to let the apples & sage flavor the dish.) The results were great and my husband even gave it two thumbs up!
- Salt & Pepper the pork tenderloin
- Heat oil in a large skillet
- Sear the tenderloins in the skillet over medium-high heat (optional step but I feel it locks in the juices better this way)
- Place apple and onion slices a in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Rub the tenderloins with spicy mustard and garlic, Place on top of apples & onions in the slow cooker.
- Pour in the chicken broth and sprinkle 1 tsp. of dried sage over top.
- Cover & Crock on LOW for 4-5 hours or until pork has reached your desired doneness.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and set aside.
- Pour sauce, apples and onions in a skillet over medium-high heat to thicken. Stir in remaining sage.
- Add 1/2 – 1 cup of white wine and reduce sauce by 1/2
- Slice pork and serve over apple-onion sauce mix.