Cooking Time:4–6 hours on Low or 1 1/2 — 2 1/2 hours on High
Ingredients3 T. olive oil
1 c. minced white onion (about 1 small onion)
1/2 c. zucchini, chopped
1/2 c. frozen cut Italian cut green beans
1/4 c. minced celery (about 1/2 stalk)
4 tsp. minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
4 c. vegetable broth (Swanson is good *note ( Do not use chicken broth!*)
30 oz. kidney beans, drained, canned
30 oz. white beans, canned, or great northern beans, drained
14 oz. diced tomatoes, canned
1/2 c. carrot, shredded or julienned
2 T. minced fresh parsley
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
3 c. hot water
4 c. fresh baby spinach
1/2 c. pasta, small shell
Slow Cooker Minestrone is a delicious Olive Garden Copycat recipe that will have your family and friends raving! Enjoy!
- Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Transfer to slow cooker, adding vegetable broth, drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices.
- Cover. Crock for 4 — 6 hours on Low or 1 1/2 — 2 1/2 hours on High.
- During the last hour of crocking add pasta. Cover and cook.
- Add spinach leaves 30 minutes before done or until it reaches desired consistency.