Cooking Time:3 - 4 hours on LOW
Ingredients1 lb. Tomatillos, husked
1/2 c. Finely Chopped Onion
2 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 Serrano Chile Peppers, minced
Juice from 1-2 Limes, about 1/4 c. lime juice
2 T. Chopped cilantro
1 T. Chopped Fresh Oregano
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 c. Boiling Water
Tomatillo Salsa Verde is as good as the red sauce, and this recipe is truly worth making! Easy and Delicious! Yummy!!
- Place tomatillos, onion, garlic, and chile pepper into slow cooker.
- Season with lime juice, cumin, and salt. Pour in Boiling water.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, reduce to Low, allowing tomatillos to become soft, for another 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
- Stir in cilantro and oregano.
- Using a blender or a hand blender, puree the tomatillos and water until smooth.
SERVE with chips and/or any Mexican meal!
NOTE: If too thick, add a little more water!
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
This sounds super yummy! Thanks!
This looks yummy and easy. How long can I keep this in the fridge? Can I freeze it for future use?
You can freeze it Hsari! I always write the date on it, as I don’t like it to go more than 3 months.. Enjoy and Happy Crocking!
When do you add the lime juice? Is it with the cilantro or at the end?
Thanks Wendi, it is with the cilantro, I edited the recipe.. Enjoy and Happy Crocking!
Do you serve this warm or cold? I’ve never had salsa warm.
Jackie I prefer it cold too, but you should try it warm and see if you like it that way! Happy Crocking!