Cooking Time:4 1/2 - 5 hours on Low
Ingredients15 oz. Black Beans (with liquid)
10 oz. Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles (with liquid)
1 c. Brown Rice, uncooked
2 c. Vegetable Broth
1 c. Frozen Corn
3 Green Onions, chopped
Juice of 1 Lime
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1 T. Minced Garlic
1 c. Milk
12 Flour Tortillas
Garnish with the following toppings of your choice:
This recipe for Slow Cooker Breakfast Burritos is not only delicious, it’s also perfect for serving at brunch! Place the ingredients in a slow cooker when you get up in the morning, and it will be done cooking in time for brunch. When guests arrive, Set up a station with a slow cooker with bean filling, a slow cooker with scrambled eggs (cooked on stovetop but kept warm in the slow cooker), a plate of warm tortillas and desired toppings. Let everyone make their own burritos — fun!
(Note: I have also added bacon to these burritos and everyone enjoyed it. I left it off the recipe because it’s much healthier without it and the burrito filling is so flavorful, you really don’t need to add meat.)
- Combine black beans, tomatoes, rice, broth, vegetables and seasonings in a 4.5-Quart slow cooker.
- Stir well.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 hours.
- Whisk eggs and milk together and scramble in a skillet. Add salt & pepper, if desired.
- Warm tortillas between two slightly dampened paper towels in the microwave.
- Spoon bean filling into a warm tortilla.
- Top with egg, and garnish with toppings of your choice.
OPTIONAL: Can add breakfast meat of your choice.