Cooking Time:2-3 Hours on LOW
Ingredients1 c. Unsalted Butter (2 sticks)
2 c. Heavy Cream
1 & 1/2 c. Pecorino-Romano Cheese, finely grated
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 T. Corn Starch
3 T. Water
Salt & Pepper, to taste
This recipe for Slow Cooker Creamy Alfredo Sauce is the perfect accompaniment to your favorite pasta and is delicious with chicken, seafood or veggie pasta dishes. My husband’s family even uses this Alfredo sauce as a dip for breadsticks anytime we have an Italian-themed dinner together.
Make this recipe and then let me know how you like it – I promise it’s way better than any Alfredo sauce you get in a jar!
- Place butter in an oval slow cooker
- Add cream, cheese and garlic powder. Whisk to combine ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 T. corn starch with 2 T. water and mix well.
- Whisk corn starch mixture into sauce in the slow cooker.
- Add salt & pepper to your taste (Be conservative – you can always add more later. The cheese may be salty enough for you!)
- Cover & Cook on LOW for 2-3 Hours, stirring half-way through.
- Serve over your favorite pasta or as a dipping sauce for breadsticks.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
i just wanted to know can this Alfredo sauce be frozen and use later. If so how long would it last frozen?
Kathy it can be frozen, but the key is the way you thaw it. You will want to thaw in a refrigerator slowly. I have only put it in the freezer once, and I used it within a couple months. Hope this helps, but you may want to do a little research to know for sure. Happy Crocking!