Cooking Time:8 Hours on LOW
Ingredients3 lb. Corned Beef
1 Onion, chopped
1 can of Guinness or other dark beer
3 Cloves Garlic, whole
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 package Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 Bean Soup®
Put a new twist on St. Patrick’s Day with this delicious stew combining two of my favorites — Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 Bean Soup® and Corned Beef. The savory flavor of this delicious Slow Cooker 15 Bean Corned Beef Stew will have you shouting “Erin go Bragh!” (Ireland Forever!) Bonus: It’s super easy to make!
- Rinse and sort beans
- Place beans in a 5-Quart slow cooker and cover with 3 c. of water.
- Cover & cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare corned beef.
- Place corned beef in a separate large slow cooker .
- Top beef with chopped onion, salt & pepper and whole garlic cloves.
- Pour beer over top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- When beef is finished, remove from slow cooker and shred. RESERVE LIQUID.
- Place shredded corned beef in the slow cooker containing the beans; stir.
- Pour reserved liquid from corned beef slow cooker over top beans and beef. Stir to combine well.
- Cover and cook on Low for one hour.
- Serve hot with corn bread or side of your choice.