Cooking Time:6–8 Hours on LOW
Ingredients6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
25–32 oz. of Marinara Sauce (or any red pasta sauce)
3 T. Italian Seasoning
1 T. Garlic Powder
1 Bay Leaf
Optional: Parmesan Cheese
There are not many recipes as easy and as tasty as Easy Slow Cooker Marinara Chicken. Juicy, tender chicken breasts topped with your favorite Italian seasonings and delicious marinara sauce. Sounds delicious, right? It is! This dish is also very versatile. Serve it over your favorite pasta or even spaghetti squash for a low-carb version. Lately I’ve been serving it with a simple side of vegetables and topped with a bit of shaved parmesan. Let me know how you like to serve this dish!
- Pour marinara sauce in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Put one Bay Leaf in the sauce.
- Add any other ingredients you may use to “doctor” your sauce if needed. (My mother always used butter and sugar which is delicious but I try to stay away from that!)
- In a shallow dish, combine 3 T. Italian Seasonings and 1 T. Garlic Powder.
- Dip one side only of the chicken breasts in the seasoning mix and place, seasoning side up, in the sauce mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 6–8 Hours or High for 5–6 Hours or until chicken is done.
Serve over pasta, spaghetti squash or vegetables and top with sauce from the slow cooker.