Cooking Time:4-6 Hours on LOW
Ingredients4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
2 T. Lemon zest
Freshly ground pepper
3/4 c. chicken stock
4 T. capers
2 tsp. minced garlic
Juice of 2 lemons, divided
6 T. flour
3/4 c. white wine
6 T. Butter
I love the flavor of lemons and capers together on just about anything and this chicken dish is no exception! Combine lemon zest and fresh lemon juice with white wine, chicken broth and capers to create a delicious chicken dinner everyone will love. Enjoy this Slow Cooker Lemon Caper Chicken over your favorite pasta.
1. Pour chicken broth into slow cooker
2. Combine cheese, lemon zest and pepper in a shallow dish.
3. Dredge one side of the chicken breasts in the cheese mixture.
4. Place chicken, cheese side up, into a 5-Quart slow cooker.
5. Sprinkle garlic and capers over top of chicken.
6. Pour the juice of one lemon overtop chicken, dampening cheese but being careful not to let it slide off chicken.
7. Cover and Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
8. Remove chicken and keep warm. Reserve sauce.
9. Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
10. Add flour and whisk until well combined.
11. Once mixture starts to brown, add white wine, remaining lemon juice and liquid from the slow cooker.
12. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened; about 10 minutes.
13. Serve chicken over pasta and top with sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.