Cooking Time:4 Hours on LOW
Ingredients4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Sugar
1 T. Italian Seasoning
2 c. Marinara Sauce
¼ c. Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
12 Slices, Mozzarella Cheese
12 Slider Rolls
Everything is better on a slider roll and these Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sliders are no exception! Perfect for a weeknight meal or wrapped up in foil and taken “on the go” – these sliders are always a hit!
- Place chicken breasts in a 5-Quart Slow Cooker
- In a small bowl, combine 2 c. marinara sauce, all the seasonings, sugar, and ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Remove only the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with a Meat Rake or two forks. (Another Option: An easy way to shred meat is to use two forks and pull in opposite directions. Since slow cooked meat is so tender, it should shred quite easily!)
- Place shredded chicken back in the slow cooker set to Warm and stir to combine well with sauce.
- To serve, split open slider rolls and place in a toaster oven to warm.
- Top warmed slider rolls with shredded chicken and top with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
Yield is 12 slider rolls. I usually account for 2 per person.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get our eBook!
Is this something that I could make, freeze, and reheat in the Crockpot? I’m looking for meal ideas for my elderly, shut-in in-laws. I was hoping to prepare freezer meals for them that I could make ahead of time, place in the freezer, & then they could thaw it out, and reheat in the Crockpot that I’ve purchased for them. I live out of town from them, so that’s why I’m looking for some Crockpot to freezer to Crockpot ideas. Thanks.
Julie this is a great idea, but I have found that if you prep a recipe and freeze it before cooking it, it works the best. Just mix it all together, with spices and then all your mother-in-law would have to do, is place it in the slow cooker and turn it on. If you use freezer bags you can write on the outside what she needs to do to for temperature. Best if she places in the refrigerator the night before, so it is partially thawed. This works great with soups too! Check out recipes you know they will… Read more »
Is it 4 pounds of chicken breast?? Or 4 full chicken breasts??
Ciara, This recipe calls for 4 chicken breasts… You can use 4 halves or 4 full breasts, whatever you have on hand.
Can this recipe be doubled if so how much longer should it cook?