Cooking Time:4 Hours on LOW
Ingredients1 Spaghetti Squash 1/2 c. Pesto Sauce, more to taste 1/2 c. Water Salt & Pepper 1 Tomato, seeded and diced (optional)
My family and I are a little carb-conscious these days and one way to get our pasta fix is to eat spaghetti squash. It’s super easy to make in the slow cooker plus it’s so tasty that even the kids love it.
I love this recipe with pesto sauce because you can eat it warm or cold – a perfect, year-round meal.
- Wash and dry squash
- Cut squash in half crosswise. Scoop out seeds and strings.
- Place squash side by side in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Pour 1/2 c. water around squash.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Carefully remove squash (it will be hot!) and use a fork to scrape into a bowl. It will create “noodles” as you scrape.
- Season lightly with sea salt & fresh ground pepper.
- Add diced tomato (optional) and pesto sauce. Toss lightly. (Note: Costco has a delicious pesto in the refrigerated section if you’re in a pinch!)
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a covered container for a cold “pasta” salad type dish. Enjoy!