- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 T Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 cans (15 ounces) great Northern beans, undrained (or beans of your choice)
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- salt to taste
- Oil or use a slow cooker liner.
- Heat small nonstick skillet on medium heat 2 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin and garlic and toast for 30 seconds to bring out flavor.
- Place cubed chicken, peppers and onions in slow cooker and combine with spice mixture.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours.****Note: Cook for 6 hours and then check every 30 minutes to ensure chicken remains moist.
NOTE: This is a good one for a brisk afternoon pick-me-up. I like to serve with cheddar biscuits. Sprinkle with a little lime juice!