- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 1 c. lime juice
- 1 c. chopped, fresh cilantro (divided)
- 2 T. white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. sugar or Stevia
- 1 tsp. of chipotle granules
- 2 T. liquid smoke (divided)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 T. sea salt crystals
- 1 T. black pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can of chilies
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- Pico de gallo
- Tortillas (flour or corn)
I started craving Carne Asada after a recent trip to LA. Chef Aaron Sanchez is on billboards all over the city telling us all how well Carne Asada goes with that Bud Light we’re drinking. (or is it Bud Light pairs well with the Carne Asada we’re eating?!) Either way, although Carne Asada is usually grilled to perfection, I knew I could come up with a great recipe for the crock pot. Hint: Don’t skip the liquid smoke, that’s what gives it the grilled flavor!
- Prepare the Marinade: Combine lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, 1/2 cup of the cilantro, sugar, chipotle, 1 Tablespoon of the liquid smoke,sea salt, and black pepper in a ziploc bag.
- Place meat inside the bag of marinade and seal.
- Refrigerate the meat/marinade for 1 hour.
- Remove marinated meat from bag; discard marinade.
- Sauté marinated meat over med-high heat in a nonstick pan until all sides are browned.
- Place browned meat, jalapeño, peppers, onion, chilies and remaining liquid smoke in the crock pot.
- Cover and crock on low for 8 hours.
- Serve on tortillas with pico de gallo, cilantro, lime, and if desired, a Bud Light!
Crock Pot Girl