- 11 pita bread rounds, (6-inch)
- 1/3 c. chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 c. boiling water
- 14 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 8 oz. tub light cream cheese, softened $
- 8 oz. carton low-fat sour cream $
- 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 c. fat-free milk
- 1/2 c. feta cheese (2 oz. crumbled reduced-fat)
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1/2 c. fat-free mayonnaise $
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Slow Cooker Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip is very creamy and the fact that it is low in fat with very little calories is a plus….
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Split each pita bread in half horizontally; cut each half into 6 wedges. Place pita wedges in a single layer on baking sheets; bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water in a bowl; let stand for 1 hour or until soft.
- Place artichokes and next 11 ingredients (through garlic) in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker; stir well.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 1 hour.
- Drain tomatoes; stir into dip.
- Cover. Cook on Low for another hour.
Serve warm with toasted pita wedges.