- 1.5 c. Diced Chicken Breasts, uncooked
- 4 T. Unsalted Butter
- 2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 quart half & half
- 14 oz.Chicken Broth
- 3 Stalks of Celery, sliced
- 1/4 c. Flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. Shredded Carrots
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 c. Fresh, Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 16 oz. Gnocchi
I love proving that you really can make anything in the slow cooker! This recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat) is no exception. Skip the wait at that Italian chain restaurant and slow cook this at home instead. ….YUMMY!
- In a stovetop safe slow cooker, heat butter and oil over medium-high. Add the onion, celery and garlic and saute.
- When the onion is translucent, sprinkle in the flour and whisk to form a roux.
- Stir and cook a minute. Then stir in chicken broth and seasonings.
- Add the carrots and chicken to the pot. Place the slow cooker insert into the slow cooker base.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 hours.
- Stir in the spinach and half & half. Let cook on Low for 15-30 minutes while you cook gnocchi in another pot.
- Prepare the gnocchi according to package directions.
- Stir in the gnocchi right before serving the soup.