- 5 potatoes peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 oz. corn, package, frozen or 2 cups fresh corn
- 4 T. butter, unsalted
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. whole milk (add at the end)
- 1 T. salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Chowder is definitely a comfort food, and Slow Cooker Potato and Corn Chowder will be right there at the top! So GOOD!
- Peel and cut potato, celery, carrots and garlic (minced).
- Place in the slow cooker with corn.
- Combine, chicken broth, salt, pepper and butter and pour over vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Add the milk, warm for an additional 15 minutes.
Optional: Top with crisp, crumbled fried bacon, and a small dollop of sour cream!
Vegetarian Style: Substitute chicken broth for vegetable broth, and omit the bacon crumble!