- 14 oz. tomatoes, diced
- 14 oz. pumpkin puree
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 - 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeds removed and minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 28 oz. chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. corn kernels
- 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream, shredded cheddar, guacamole/avocado, green onions and/or tortilla chips, for serving
There are many versions of chili recipes, you will not go wrong with this one…. Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Chili! NOTE: This recipe can easily be converted to vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth for chicken broth, and omitting the chicken.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth and pumpkin to a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker.
- Whisk pumpkin mixture until well combined.
- Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, Italian seasoning, coriander, salt, pepper and chipotles, combine well.
- Add chicken, bell peppers, chickpeas and corn.
- Cover. Cook for 6-8 hours on Low or for 4-5 hours on High.
- When ready to serve, remove chicken and chop into bite-size pieces or shred with two forks or a Meatrake.
- Add chicken back to pot.
- Stir in cilantro and serve topped with sour cream, shredded cheddar, green onions, guacamole and/or tortilla chips.