- 1 Flank Steak (any size is ok)
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Onion (yellow or red)
- 7 oz. Can, Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Juice of Two Limes
- Shredded Lettuce
- Cotija Cheese
- Flour Tortiillas
My sister recently visited and shared her recipe for Slow Cooker Spicy Steak Fajitas. They have the perfect level of spice. We all loved them!
- Place peppers in adobo sauce in the blender with the juice of two limes and puree.
- Put the flank steak in a gallon sized plastic bag. Pour chilies/lime juice over top.
- Seal bag and refrigerate steak – marinate overnight.
- The next day, slice yellow and red peppers and chop onion.
- Place onion and peppers in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Place steak AND marinade on top of peppers & onions.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- When steak is finished, remove from slow cooker and let sit for 15 minutes on a wood cutting board.
- For best results, slice steak diagonally after it’s had time to rest.
- Serve steak in warm tortillas and top with peppers, onions, lettuce and cotija cheese.