Cooking Time:8-9 hours
Ingredients4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
2 stalks of celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
3 cups wide egg noodles, uncooked
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is one of my favorite soup recipes. It’s so easy, so yummy and so MUCH better than anything you could buy at the grocery.
- Combine broth, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and salt & pepper.
- Set the chicken on the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred (use two forks for easy shredding).
- Remove bay leaves and throw away.
- Add noodles to the slow cooker and cook for 20 minutes.
- Return shredded chicken to the soup and combine well.
Serve in bowls with saltine crackers.