Cooking Time:6–8 hours
Ingredients1.5 lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
3 Small Red Potatoes, chopped (no need to peel)
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 Carrots, chopped
1 Lg. Yellow Onion, sliced
28 oz. Italian Seasoned Diced Tomatoes
1 c. Chicken Stock
1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1 tsp. Coarse Salt
1/4 tsp. Allspice
1/2 tsp. Pepper
4 oz. Chopped Mushrooms
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
I made this for the first time several years ago, and now I make Slow Cooker Chicken Stew with Potatoes, every fall. I love the blend of the flavors and delicious veggies! It’s the perfect warm-up for a crisp fall day.
- Layer ingredients in a 6-Quart Slow Cooker in this order: Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Onions, Chicken breasts, Mushrooms, tomatoes and all seasonings, and finally, broth.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Place back in slow cooker and stir.
- Add more broth if stew is too thick for your liking.
- Serve immediately with fresh, crusty bread.