Cooking Time:8 hours
Ingredients1 T. olive oil
1 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
1 Small Onion, chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
16 oz. Tomatillo Salsa (or can use canned tomatillos, chopped)
10 oz. Canned, diced tomatoes with green chiles
14.5 oz. Chicken Broth
4 oz. Diced Green Chilis
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp. Coriander Seeds, crushed
1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
2 cans great northern beans, drained
Juice of 1/2 of a Lime
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 c. Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
We have a tradition with our family that every Halloween my mother-in-law makes Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. It is so so GOOD!
- Pour olive oil in a large skillet and heat on medium-high until hot.
- Sauté diced chicken and toss frequently — just until browned (about 3 minutes.)
- Place chicken in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cover. Cook for 8 hours on Low.
- Top each serving with 2 Tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Serve white chicken chili with tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream, and a lime wedge.
Variation: For Vegetarians, exclude chicken.