Cooking Time:4-6 hours
Ingredients2 T. butter
20 oz. package boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 c. stir-fry seasoning sauce
5 oz. can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 medium onion, sliced
16 oz. package fresh stir-fry vegetables (celery, carrots, broccoli and pea pods)
1/2 c. whole cashews, if desired
8 oz. package lo mein noodles
Optional: 1 tsp. ginger paste
- Melt butter in skillet until sizzling; add chicken pieces. Brown over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned (5 to 7 minutes).
- Place in slow cooker. Add stir-fry seasoning sauce, water chestnuts and onion.
- Cover. Cook for 4 to 6 hours on Low.
- Increase heat to High 30 minutes before serving. Add stir-fry vegetables; stir.
- Cover. Cook for the additional 30 minutes, or until vegetables are crisply tender.
- Optional: Stir in cashews just before serving, if desired.
- Meanwhile, cook lo mein noodles according to package directions.
Options: Add 1 tsp. ginger paste when adding the vegetables.
Serve: Spoon stir-fry chicken and vegetable mixture over noodles.