Cooking Time:3 hours
Ingredients1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 T. vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. coarsely chopped walnuts — optional
Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip “BIG” Cookie is a great treat for the kiddos, even as an after school snack!
- Grease the insert of the slow cooker with butter or vegetable oil. This recipe meant for a 5 qt. oval slow cooker.
- Cut a piece of waxed paper to fit the bottom, and grease the waxed paper.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, eggs, both sugars and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, stir the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts until well-blended.
- Spoon the dough evenly into the crock insert and smooth the top.
- Cover. Cook on Low for ABOUT 3 hours, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Set the lid slightly ajar for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the crock.
- The cookie must cool in the crock for 30 minutes.
- Invert the cookie onto a wire rack.
- Cut the big cookie in half lengthwise, then cut each piece into slices.
Serve warm or at room temperature. If warm serve with a scoop of ice cream, and the flavored topping of your choice!