Cooking Time:5-5 1/2 hours on Low or 2 1/2 hours on High
Ingredients1 1/2 lb. chicken, breast, uncooked boneless, skinless
10 3/4 oz. soup, cream of chicken, fat-free, low-sodium
3 T. flour
1/4 tsp. black pepper
9 oz. peas and onions, frozen, thawed and drained
2 T. pimentos, chopped
1/2 tsp. paprika
Remember when I was a child and my Mom making the family Slow Cooker Chicken Ala King, a real comfort meal!
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and place in the slow cooker.
- Mix soup, flour and pepper. Pour over chicken. Do not stir.
- Cover. Cook on High 2 1/2 hours or Low 5-5 1/2 hours.
- Stir in peas and onions, pimentos and paprika.
- Cover. Cook on High for 20-30 more minutes.
- Can Serve over rice or biscuits.
Optional: I sometimes add finely sliced carrots for the vegetable and more color….
Notes 1: You can add 1 cup of diced onions, if you are unable to locate a bag of peas and onions mixed.
1/2 to 1 cup of diced peppers were also added on top of the soup mixture. (Step 3)
Notes 2: You can also add 1 cup of chopped fresh mushrooms when you add the peas and mixed all the ingredients together and continued cooking on high until heated throughout. (Step 6)