Cooking Time:5-5 1/2 hours on Low or 2 1/2 hours on High
Ingredients1 1/2 lb. chicken, breast, uncooked boneless, skinless
10 3/4 oz. soup, cream of chicken, fat-free, low-sodium
3 T. flour
1/4 tsp. black pepper
9 oz. peas and onions, frozen, thawed and drained
2 T. pimentos, chopped
1/2 tsp. paprika
Remember when I was a child and my Mom making the family Slow Cooker Chicken Ala King, a real comfort meal!
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and place in the slow cooker.
- Mix soup, flour and pepper. Pour over chicken. Do not stir.
- Cover. Cook on High 2 1/2 hours or Low 5-5 1/2 hours.
- Stir in peas and onions, pimentos and paprika.
- Cover. Cook on High for 20-30 more minutes.
- Can Serve over rice or biscuits.
Optional: I sometimes add finely sliced carrots for the vegetable and more color….
Notes 1: You can add 1 cup of diced onions, if you are unable to locate a bag of peas and onions mixed.
1/2 to 1 cup of diced peppers were also added on top of the soup mixture. (Step 3)
Notes 2: You can also add 1 cup of chopped fresh mushrooms when you add the peas and mixed all the ingredients together and continued cooking on high until heated throughout. (Step 6)
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!