Cooking Time:approximately 1 hour on High and 1 hour on Low
Ingredients14 potatoes, small, peeled and diced, boiled in water
17 oz. corn, cream style, canned
12 oz. corn, whole kernel, undrained, canned
2 T. chicken bouillon powder
4 oz. green chilies, diced, canned
1 T. margarine
1 onion, large, diced fine
1 green pepper, diced fine (optional: red pepper)
2 c. cheese, medium cheddar, shredded
1 1/2 c. cheese, Monterey Jack, shredded
Slow Cooker Mexican Potato Corn Chowder is so good, and has a nice kick to it. Crocking time is short, so it can be ready rather quickly!
- Put potatoes in water and boil gently, uncovered until you can pierce them easily with a fork.
- Add sautéed onion and green pepper.
- Stir in corns, chilies and seasonings (Lawry’s season salt, garlic powder, dash of Worcestershire sauce).
- Heat until bubbly.
- Put into large 5 – 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High until it bubbles again and then turn to Low.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- Cover again. Simmer on Low for at least 1 hour.