Cooking Time:2 - 2 1/2 hours
4 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1/4 tsp. clove
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 T. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 box of Yellow Cake Mix
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c, sour cream
3 T. butter, softened
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. butter for greasing slow cooker
Optional: 1/2 to 1 c. nuts
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Coffee Cake is a recipe I often make for a brunch!
- Mix ingredients for apple mixture in a bowl and pour half into a greased 3.5 quart slow cooker.
- Combine batter ingredients in a separate bowl; mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 the batter over the apple mixture.
- Spoon the remaining apple mixture over the batter, then cover with remaining batter (optional: Top with nuts of your choice).
- Cover. Cook on High for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Invert on to a plate and serve immediately.
NOTE: You can substitute 20 oz. canned apple pie filling for apple mixture ingredients.