Cooking Time:6 Hours on LOW
Ingredients2 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Large Onion, sliced
16 oz. BBQ Sauce
1 lb. Bacon, cooked & chopped
6 Slices, Gouda Cheese
2 Granny Smith Apples, cored & sliced
6-8 Large Buns
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Cheesy Bacon Sandwiches is great when you know you are going to be busy, and you can put this together very fast! A crowd pleaser! YUM!
- Place sliced onions in the bottom of a 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Put chicken breasts on onions and top with BBQ sauce.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours or until chicken is fork tender.
- With two forks, remove chicken and shred, placing it back into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Butter and toast buns (open-face) in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place desired amount of Barbecue Chicken on toasted bun, top with bacon, apple slices and cheese.
- If desired, place in toaster over or under broiler to brown cheese. Otherwise, enjoy as-is. Delicious!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
I just made this and it was delish! Thanks for the awesome recipe!
tips for freezing as a sandwich?
Samantha you would only freeze the crocked chicken mixture, and put it on the bread after you have thawed it in your refrigerator. You can freeze in freezer bowls or zip lock freezer bags. 🙂
Does the nutrition facts include the roll? Can’t wait to try this. It’s going to be my weight watchers splurge for this week :}
I double checked the nutrition facts and it does include the roll… you are good to go Beth!
Just wondering what is the calorie and fat content minus bacon and just a sprinkle of cheese
Hi Beth, sending you the nutrition facts of this recipe without the bacon and only 1/2 c. of cheese. Calories 390, Calories from Fat 68, and Total Fat 7.6 grams! Happy to assist! 🙂
I made this for dinner tonight. Family liked it a lot! Next time I need to use more barbecue sauce. I only poured 3/4 of the bottle because hubby thought I was pouring too much. It came out a little dry but that was my fault. Definitely going to make it again.
Made this last night and we really enjoyed it! Definitely will be in our menu rotation. Thanks so much!