Cooking Time:6 Hours on LOW
Ingredients2 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Large Onion, sliced
16 oz. BBQ Sauce
1 lb. Bacon, cooked & chopped
6 Slices, Gouda Cheese
2 Granny Smith Apples, cored & sliced
6–8 Large Buns
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Cheesy Bacon Sandwiches is great when you know you are going to be busy, and you can put this together very fast! A crowd pleaser! YUM!
- Place sliced onions in the bottom of a 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Put chicken breasts on onions and top with BBQ sauce.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours or until chicken is fork tender.
- With two forks, remove chicken and shred, placing it back into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Butter and toast buns (open-face) in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place desired amount of Barbecue Chicken on toasted bun, top with bacon, apple slices and cheese.
- If desired, place in toaster over or under broiler to brown cheese. Otherwise, enjoy as-is. Delicious!