Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients20 dried dates, pitted and sliced
6 apples, peeled, cored and diced
1 orange, zest and juice
3/4 c. apple cider
1/2 c. honey or 100% PURE maple syrup
2 T. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. sea salt
I love recipes where you can make several batches at once, store extras in Mason jars and give as gifts, or save for a later date! This recipe for Slow Cooker Paleo Apple Date Butter is exactly that! A thoughtful gift for friends, teachers, Postal Workers, anyone!
- Add all of the ingredients to the crock. Stir gently.
- Cover and crock on LOW 6-8 hours until apples are very soft and easy to mash.
- After cooking time, remove mixture from crock and place in food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth, in batches, if necessary.
- Store in jars to cool, then refrigerate.
- Spread over Paleo bread, crackers, scones or use as a fruit dip.