Cooking Time:2–3 hours
Ingredients1 c. butter, 2 sticks
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
11 oz. caramel bits, pkg
1/2 T. sea salt
Salted Caramel may be just one of my favorites, that is why when I found this recipe for Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Bars, I just had to make them.
- Coat the bottom of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat together butter, sugar and vanilla with your electric mixer.
- Once combined well add egg and salt.
- One cup at a time add flour until dough ball forms.
- Cover the palm of your hands with flour to form two balls, making one ball a little over half of the dough.
- Press the larger dough in the bottom of the crock.
- Continue to dust palms of hand with flour to keep the dough from sticking.
- Evenly spread the caramels over the dough in the bottom of the slow cooker. (If unable to find bits, unwrap and cut caramels in bits and spread over dough. If you have to cut in bits you may want to do this first before you make the dough, as it will take some time.)
- Crumble the remaining dough over the caramel layer.
- Top off by scanting the sea salt over the top.
- Cover. Cook covered on Low for 2 1/2 — 3 hours.
NOTE: Let the bars cool before removing from slow cooker.
Serve in small bars! YUMMY!
Optional: A Facebook Friend suggested adding Chocolate Chips to this recipe!
Thanks to our friends at crockpot gourmet!