Cooking Time:6-7 hours on High
Ingredients2 T. vegetable oil
2 lb. pork, boneless shoulder
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
24 oz. tomatillos, drained and chopped, canned
7 oz. peppers, green chiles, diced
2 peppers, jalapeño, fresh, sliced
1/2 c. cilantro, fresh, chopped
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 quart water
1 c. cheese, Monterey Jack, shredded
1/4 c. sour cream
Garnish with 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
If you are looking for that recipe to serve guests that will have them saying WOW… This is it, Slow Cooker Guisado Verde! YUM!
- Brown the pork on all sides in a skillet with the oil.
- Transfer the pork to a slow cooker, reserving the juice in the skillet.
- Saute the onion and garlic for about 1 minute in the skillet and reserved juices.
- Transfer the onion and garlic to the slow cooker, along with skillet juices.
- Combine the tomatillos, green chile peppers, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro and pour in the slow cooker.
- Dust with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- With 1 quart of water, OR enough to cover all, pour in the slow cooker
- Cover. Crock on High for 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove pork and shred with two fork or meat claws and place back in the slow cooker in the juices.
SERVING: Spoon the slow cooker mixture into bowls, and top with cheese, sour cream, and fresh cilantro sprigs. Also good in tacos, enchiladas, burritos, salad and more!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Why don’t you have a print button????
Katherine if you go midway down the page, there is an area that says Share and Enjoy, and the first icon is a print friendly button. Sorry you missed it, but glad you reached out to ask! Happy Crocking! 🙂