Cooking Time:30 minutes on Low
Ingredients8 c. of Strong Coffee
1/2 c. Honey
2 c. Whole Milk or Half & Half
You know I love finding unconventional ways to use my slow cooker and my favorite new creation is Slow Cooker Iced Honey Lattes! Recently we had family over for brunch and I was in a pickle because we have several decaf coffee drinkers and I only have one coffee pot. (and this mama needs caffeine!) I had to come up with a way to serve two kinds of coffee and I also wanted to create something a little more special for my gathering. My favorite coffee-house drink is a honey latte so I decided to make a batch in my slow cooker! It was hot here so I made mine iced but you could drink these hot or cold — either way, delicious. (and less than 90 calories!)
- Brew a pot of your favorite strong coffee (I like espresso roast)
- Pour brewed coffee into a slow cooker set to LOW. (I used a 4-Quart slow cooker but any size will work here.)
- Stir in 1/2 cup of honey. If needed, use a whisk to combine well.
- Cover and Crock for about 30 minutes and stir again to ensure all the honey is dissolved in the coffee.
- Serve over crushed ice and top with milk. Drizzle a little honey on top if you want to make it pretty.
Note: If you want to serve this hot, you can pour the milk directly in the slow cooker after the honey has dissolved then Crock until hot. I like to add the milk individually to each cup though, because then you have the option to serve hot or cold.