Cooking Time:30 minutes on Low
Ingredients8 c. of Strong Coffee
1/2 c. Honey
2 c. Whole Milk or Half & Half
You know I love finding unconventional ways to use my slow cooker and my favorite new creation is Slow Cooker Iced Honey Lattes! Recently we had family over for brunch and I was in a pickle because we have several decaf coffee drinkers and I only have one coffee pot. (and this mama needs caffeine!) I had to come up with a way to serve two kinds of coffee and I also wanted to create something a little more special for my gathering. My favorite coffee-house drink is a honey latte so I decided to make a batch in my slow cooker! It was hot here so I made mine iced but you could drink these hot or cold – either way, delicious. (and less than 90 calories!)
- Brew a pot of your favorite strong coffee (I like espresso roast)
- Pour brewed coffee into a slow cooker set to LOW. (I used a 4-Quart slow cooker but any size will work here.)
- Stir in 1/2 cup of honey. If needed, use a whisk to combine well.
- Cover and Crock for about 30 minutes and stir again to ensure all the honey is dissolved in the coffee.
- Serve over crushed ice and top with milk. Drizzle a little honey on top if you want to make it pretty.
Note: If you want to serve this hot, you can pour the milk directly in the slow cooker after the honey has dissolved then Crock until hot. I like to add the milk individually to each cup though, because then you have the option to serve hot or cold.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Not a coffee drinker, any recipes for ice tea?
Hi Dale… Here is one of my recipes: http://www.getcrocked.com/2013/07/16/slow-cooker-berry-lemonade-tea-2/
[…] afternoon beverages for the week or just invite some friends for a caffeine-happy hour, try the Slow Cooker Iced Honey Latte. Get Crocked infuses honey into the coffee by slow cooking […]