Cooking Time:8-10 hours on LOW
Ingredients1 yellow onion, finely diced
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
4 c. sweet corn kernels, frozen, divided (or approx. 4 ears of fresh corn)
4 c. chicken broth
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 c. milk or half & half
1 tsp. salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste
extra veggies or sour cream to garnish!
The delicious blend of the ingredients in Slow Cooker Corn and Red Pepper Chowder will make you wish you had made a double batch! So GOOD!
- Place the onion, red pepper, potatoes, 1 cup of the corn, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Pour broth over top.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. (can do this right in the slow cooker!)
- Remove one cup of soup and pour into a medium bowl. Stir in the milk/half & half into the cup of soup and then pour the soup back into the slow cooker (this will prevent the dairy from curdling.)
- Add remaining corn to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for another 30 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: Serve topped with additional corn, diced bell pepper and/or sour cream.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”