Cooking Time:6 hours on Low
Ingredients4 c. Chicken Stock
1 Whole Bone-In Rotisserie Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded
2 T. Butter
2 Carrots, peeled & chopped
3 Celery stalks, washed & chopped
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/8 tsp. Minced Ginger
1 Onion, chopped
1 Zucchini, chopped
2 Yellow Squash, chopped
3 Mushrooms, sliced
1 Bay Leaf
1 Sprig of Fresh Thyme
On a recent ski trip I had the pleasure of warming up with some delicious soup. I loved the blend of vegetables and chicken – sort of a twist on traditional vegetable soup with a chicken base. As soon as I returned home I recreated this easy and delicious soup in my slow cooker. Enjoy this Slow Cooker Harvest Chicken Soup!
- Prepare a Bouquet Garni – take the bay leaf, sprig of thyme and peppercorns and tie in a piece of cheesecloth. (You can also use a tea bag if you don’t have cheesecloth.)
- Prepare remaining ingredients and place in a 5-6 Quart slow cooker.
- Add the Bouquet Garni to the soup.
- Cover & Cook on LOW for 6 Hours or HIGH for 4 Hours
- Remove bouquet garni before serving and enjoy!Note: If you prefer, you can add the mushrooms with one hour left to cook. I like mine very soft, so I add at the beginning of the recipe.