Cooking Time:4 Hours on LOW
Ingredients1 lb. Ground Chicken
½ c. Bleu Cheese Crumbles
Salt & Pepper, to taste
6 T. Italian Salad Dressing, divided
1/3 c. + 3 T. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, divided
1/2 c. Italian Breadcrumbs
4th of July is right around the corner! If you’re looking for the perfect party appetizer to bring to that holiday gathering look no further. Everyone loves these Red, White & Bleu Chicken Meatballs. They bring the classic buffalo wing flavor to the perfect party snack – meatballs. They are fun & delicious! This recipe is easily doubled or tripled. Enjoy!
1. Mix 3 T. Italian dressing and 1/3 c. hot sauce together in a small bowl.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients except bleu cheese in a medium sized bowl.
3. Pour hot sauce mixture over ingredients in large bowl. Mix well with your hands (you may want to wear gloves!) to incorporate all ingredients.
4. For this recipe, we’ll make golf ball sized meatballs with bleu cheese inside. Grab a bit of meat, slightly indent with your thumb and place a few bleu cheese crumbles inside. Form meatball around the cheese with firm pressure so that the cheese doesn’t ooze out during cooking.
5. Continue making meatballs – about 24 in all. And place in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
6. Combine remaining 3T. of Italian dressing and 3 T. hot sauce and drizzle over meatballs in the slow cooker.
7. Cover and Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
8. Serve with bleu cheese or ranch dressing, carrots and celery.