Cooking Time:6 Hours on LOW
Ingredients1 lb. Bulk Pork Sausage (I like it spicy!)
28 oz. Can, Crushed Tomatoes
1/2 a Small Head of Cabbage, chopped
1 Small Onion, diced
32 oz. Chicken Broth
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Pkg. Hurts’s HamPeas Green Split Peas
It’s a new year and what better time to make a delicious pot of soup to simmer all day and enjoy with family at night? This recipe for Slow Cooker Split Pea & Sausage Soup is especially great for New Year’s Day because it includes several ingredients thought to bring good luck in the new year — legumes (like these Hurst’s HamPeas Green Split Peas), cabbage and pork (sausage) I hope this soup brings you good fortune and a most enjoyable year with family and friends alike!
- Rinse and sort peas. Set aside.
- In a large skillet at medium-high heat, cook sausage and onion together until cooked through.
- Drain and add sausage mixture to a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.Note: This soup is even better reheated the next day!