Cooking Time:4 Hours on LOW
Ingredients2 c. of Berries
2 T. Sugar (only if berries are tart)
2 T. Water
1 c. Flour (GF Flour is ok!)
1 c. Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 c. Brown Sugar
3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
3/4 c. Butter, melted
I love this recipe — it’s a great way to enjoy all the berries of summer without heating up the oven (or the house!)
- Mix berries, water and sugar in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon.
- Stir in melted butter. (this is your “crust” and crumbly topping!)
- Take half of the oat mix and press it in the bottom of a slow cooker. (I used the mini Casserole Crock by Crock-Pot®.)
- Pour berry mixture over crust.
- Crumble remaining topping over the berries.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until the juices are bubbling and topping is cooked.
- Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
Note: This recipe is also great with peaches!