Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 medium Onion, chopped
1 medium Green Pepper, chopped
2 T. Chili Powder
2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/2 c. Red Wine
1/2 c. Chicken Broth
32 oz. Great Northern Beans, undrained
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8 3/4 ounces) Corn, drained
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
- Place a slow cooker liner in a 6-Quart Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Add oil and sauté onions & green peppers.
- Add chili powder, cumin and garlic and sauté for an additional minute. (Do not overcook or burn garlic!)
- Place seasoned pepper and onion mixture in the prepared slow cooker and top with chicken.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours.
NOTE: This is a good one for a brisk afternoon pick-me-up. I like to serve with cheddar biscuits. Sprinkle with a little lime juice!
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
[…] Crock Pot Bean & Corn Chili […]
This sounds really good, except in step 2,
“Heat small nonstick skillet on medium heat 2 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin and garlic and toast for 30 seconds to bring out flavor.”
What exactly is toast?
It just means to blend the flavor over the medium heat for 30 seconds. Enjoy and Happy Crocking!