Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 medium Onion, chopped
1 medium Green Pepper, chopped
2 T. Chili Powder
2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/2 c. Red Wine
1/2 c. Chicken Broth
32 oz. Great Northern Beans, undrained
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8 3/4 ounces) Corn, drained
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
- Place a slow cooker liner in a 6-Quart Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Add oil and sauté onions & green peppers.
- Add chili powder, cumin and garlic and sauté for an additional minute. (Do not overcook or burn garlic!)
- Place seasoned pepper and onion mixture in the prepared slow cooker and top with chicken.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours.
NOTE: This is a good one for a brisk afternoon pick-me-up. I like to serve with cheddar biscuits. Sprinkle with a little lime juice!