Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients1 Large White Onion, chopped
1.5 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
15 oz. Black Beans, rinsed and drained (or your own beans!)
12 oz. Yellow Corn
4 oz. Diced Green Chilies
12 oz. Chunky Salsa
14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes
1 c. Water
1 c. Chicken Broth
1 tsp. Cumin
4 oz. Cream Cheese
1 T. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Ground Cayenne Pepper
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew is not only easy to make, it is a dish that will remind you of something your Grandma made!
- Place Onion on the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Add chicken on top of onions and place all ingredients EXCEPT corn and cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hrs.
- About 30 minutes before serving, take the chicken out and shred with two forks.
- Put chicken back in the slow cooker after shredding, add in corn and cream cheese, cover and cook on LOW for 30 more minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips, avocado and fresh tomatoes as garnish.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
In step 2, it says to add all ingredients. But it step 5, it says to add the cream cheese. Should I assume I don’t add the cream cheese in step 2 then?
Thanks Liz, I have edited the recipe, and certainly appreciate you letting me know… I sometimes have an oops! Happy Crocking!
I made this once & it was a big hit. My husband requested it again, and to make more for leftovers. Could just double the recipe & keep the same cooking time (8 hrs) on low?
Also, how should I read the nutrition facts? Are those for the whole recipe or just a serving? If the latter, what is a serving?
Thanks so much!
Glad to see you are making this again! In the upper right hand corner it states how many servings, which is 4! The nutritional facts are for per serving, so if you double it stays the same. Yes same crocking time, but a rule of thumb is to make sure the crock is 1/2 to 3/4 full for it to crock properly. So if you double make sure you follow the rule of thumb! Thank you for the question, and Happy Crocking!
Great meal…i doubled cream cheese…served over wild rice. All raved! Will definitely be making this again!