Cooking Time:2 1/2 hours
1 c. milk
1 T. honey
1 T. active dry yeast
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 chicken, breast, large cooked, diced
1 onion, diced
1/2 c. hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot® or sauce of your choice)
1/2 c. tomato sauce
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Pizza Loaf is a recipe you can make as hot as you want or as mild as you want! If making for the kiddos you may not want to put any hot sauce in???
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray, or spray a slow cooker liner.
- Boil milk in a small saucepan and remove from heat; cool until lukewarm, about 10 minutes.
- Pour milk into a bowl and stir in honey and yeast. Let stand until yeast begins to foam, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flour into milk mixture, 1 cup at a time, until dough is no longer sticky. Knead dough until elastic, about 2 minutes.
- Combine chicken and onion in a different bowl; stir hot sauce into chicken mixture.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle and fit dough circle into slow cooker.
- Sides of dough may collapse. Pour tomato sauce inside dough, lifting dough sides if needed.
- Fill inside of dough with chicken mixture and top with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Fold sides of dough over filling and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover. Cook on High until crust is cooked and filling is hot, about 2 1/2 hours.
Before serving cool slightly.