Cooking Time:6-8 hours on Low, 3-4 hours on High
Ingredients4 chicken breasts
14 oz. diced tomatoes, undrained
4 oz. green chilies, drained
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
UNCOOKED Tortillas (in the refrigerated section)
Need something to serve on that week night when everyone is going a different direction? A favorite at my house are these Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas!
- Place chicken breasts (thawed or frozen) in a 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Pour the diced tomatoes and green chilies on top of the chicken and add 1/4 c. water to the slow cooker. (**NOTE: Add softened cream cheese the last hour of cooking.)
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6–8 hours or on High for 3–4 hours. (remember to add the cream cheese!)
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker, shred and return to the sauce in the slow cooker. Replace lid.
- Place a dry skillet over medium heat.
- Put tortilla on the skillet and brown for 30 seconds.
- Flip tortilla and add shredded cheese.
- Place 1/2 c. of the chicken mixture on one side of the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla in half and press down with medium pressure with a spatula to flatten.
- Cook for 30 seconds longer then flip to brown the other side of the quesadilla.
- Place quesadilla on a plate and slice into wedges with a pizza cutter.
Serve with your favorite salsa, guacamole, scallions, and sour cream.