Cooking Time:5–6 hours
Ingredients2 T. butter
1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 ribs celery, sliced
2 small carrots, sliced
2 cups frozen corn kernels
2 — 10 3/4 oz. cans of cream of potato soup
1 1/2 c. chicken broth
1 tsp. dried dill weed
1/2 c. half and half or evaporated milk
Thanks to Cheryl C. for sharing her recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder! Sounds AWESOME!
In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine; brown chicken. (Note: Cheryl’s recipe called for butter or margarine but I usually use coconut oil because it has a higher tolerance for heat (less chance for burning.)
- Transfer browned chicken to a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Add onions and celery to skillet and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes, until just tender.
- Add the onions and celery to slow cooker, along with carrots, corn kernels, soup, chicken broth and dill.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- During the last 10 minutes, stir in the half and half or evaporated milk.
Optional: Add some orange peppers to add more color along with the carrots! YUM!
Provided by Cheryl C. via facebook.com